MagicTracer Conversion Software
||Selection -> Vector Select
The Vector Select tool selects vector entities in Vector Mode.
Activate the Vector Select tool and click on a vector entity to select it. The vector will be highlighted, with small boxes displaying the points that define the vector.
Vector Select Helpers:
- To select all entities in a rectangular region, left-click and drag a selection rectangle around the objects of interest.
- To select all entities inside or touched by a rectangular region, hold down the Ctrl key while dragging the selection rectangle.
- To add more entities to the current selection, hold down the Shift key while selecting an entity (but make sure the cursor is still in the shape of an arrow – see below about adding points).
- To remove an entity from the current selection, hold down the Alt key and click on a selected entity (but make sure the cursor is still in the shape of an arrow – see below about erasing points).
- To clear the selection, press Esc.
- To move a point in a selected entity, move the cursor over the point. The cursor will change to a four-arrowed compass shape. Click on the point to grab it, then move the cursor to the new location and click again. The point will be moved, changing the shape of that entity.
- To erase a point from a selected entity, hold down the Alt key. When you move the cursor over an existing point in a selected entity, the cursor will change shape to a small circle with a minus sign beside it. Click on the point (while holding the Alt key) to remove it from the entity.
- To add a new point into a selected entity, hold down the Shift key and move the cursor over the selected entity. When the cursor changes into a small circle with a plus sign beside it, you may click to add a point in that location.
- To cut an entity into two pieces, hold down the Ctrl key as you move the cursor. The cursor will change into a small circle crossed by a large “X.” Click on the desired location to cut the entity at that point.
- To snap to an existing point, use Gravity. Gravity can be activated by pressing the period “.” key, or by right-clicking and choosing Gravity from the context menu. (If you are moving a point that you have already grabbed, right-click will automatically function as Gravity. Also, if you are pressing the Ctrl key to cut an entity, right-click will function as Gravity.)